Monday, November 27, 2006

View from the cat flap

What a weekend for weather. It rained, it hailed, the wind blew. The streets were flooding and the car alarms were going off.

Nearly all the trees are bald now. The plane trees and the cherry tree have no leaves and the wood pigeons have disappeared. The damsons have one or two leaves hanging on tenaciously and the old pear tree had one brownish pear dangling precariously off the end of a long thin branch. Then that was gone too - I blame the cheeky squirrels.

Speaking of which. I spent all Saturday morning (in the dry bits between the downpours) chasing those rambunctious squirrels out of the garden. Just as I was thinking "Job well done!", I see the girl human feeding the blasted things with pecan nuts and encouraging them.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with these people

Frustrated Faz xx

No comments: