Friday, January 19, 2007

I was not happy


Well I knew the girl human was off cos the wheelie case was out again on Wednesday night, but the boy human didn't seem to be going anywhere so I thought I'd be fine. The next day, the boy human goes off to work as normal and then the wind and rain started. I hid inside - it was horrible! Branches were coming off trees, roof tiles were hitting the ground and smashing and I'm sure I saw cheeky squirrel blow past the window at one point.

Then disaster. No one came home. I waited and waited and waited. My stomach started to rumble, and then growl, and then moan. Eventually the boy human staggered through the door soaking wet (he "claimed" all the train lines were down).

Didn't he know I was home alone and hungry? He should have walked or even crawled if necessary in order to get back to feed me.

Then, the girl human came in shortly after (apparently her plane got cancelled and then the next plane got delayed and she was stuck in Geneva). Eventually a flight took off and an hour and a half later she bounced into land (with people throwing up their dinners in little bags beside her). At least they'd had some dinner to throw up! All in all, quite exciting, apart from the empty tummy bit.
Moral of the story: eat bigger meals just in case.

18 comments:

Hot(M)BC said...

Oh gosh, how awful! I'm glad to hear you didn't starve to death and the girl and the boy made it safe in spite of all that wind. Phew!
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrs,
Boni Maroni

Dragonheart said...

Oh Faz, poor you! Sorry to hear you were without food and home alone. I was lucky that my mom was home with me and my dad made it home fine through the winds.

I hope they give you lots of extra treats and food to make up for yesterday.

Daisy said...

Wow! I would have been very scairt if I was you. I am learnin' from yer lesson, and I am going to start a little stash of food, as soon as I can figure out where to hide it.

Kaze, Latte, or Chase said...

That is quite horrible for you, and I guess them too. Sometimes I don't get my evening meal until 8:30 and I get MAD. Sorry you had to wait so long.

Kaze

Ariel said...

"Wow" that's bad indeed. I would have been scared to death. I hate the sound of wind and always hide under the couch.Glad to hear the humans are okay.Though I think you deserve extra treats.

Kimo & Sabi said...

They really should know better to plan around you meal times - no excuses!

DEBRA said...

Faz that wuz bad! Yu gotta tell yur gurl and boy to leave crunchies out all the time fur yu in cases of ee-merge-gan-cees! X-tra crunchies so yu can't go hungry!

Abby

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

That should be a lesson, always hide a bit of your dinner for "later", just in case. ;-)

Grr, Midnight & Cocoa said...

we sure hope they 'pologized to you fur yur awful ordeal!

Derby said...

Oh Faz, so happy someone came home to serve your dinner. Hope everything is ok at your house with all of the wind.

Pablo said...

About those bags that the humans on the plane threw up their dinner into: do they do that so they can eat them again later? That's pretty smart. Your lady could've brought some home for you.

Lux said...

I read your post with my mouth open in shock! How awful that you were all alone, starving and scared!

But I'm really glad the boy and girl made it back home safely!

Maria & Stefano said...

Awww you poor poorrr porrr thing!!!
These humans somtimes are just not thinking straight I'm telling ya;)

Have a great weekend...

M.

One-Eyed Jack said...

Oh wow, Faz! That SUCKS! Your humans are so inconsiderate! We NEED our food!

That, at least is the one thing we never worry about here (much), 'cause my OTW says I 'graze', she leaves out a couple bowls of kibble all the time, or else she says I'd never get enough food! I only have to ask for the gooshy food.

Though sometimes she forgets to check them often enough to make sure they're full, and we have to sit and STARE at her. Luckily the kibble bowls are near the computer.

I'm glad you peole got home safely through the wind though!

The Famous Five said...

Hi Faz,
Nice to meet you, thanks for dropping by our blog.
We were sorry to read your story of being left alone to starve but glad it had a happy ending

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Oh no, yoo cood haf starvd! Good fing dey camed home in time. We'z don't worry whin mom's late a'cuz we gotz extra crunchies downstairs-and we save em for emerjencees.

Zeus said...

I know exactly how you feel. There have been plenty of times when my human pet has not come home on time, only to leave me starving. Normally, a good shrieking accompanied by a headbutt is all it takes for her to learn her lesson. Perhaps you should try this with your two pets.

Eric and Flynn said...

We had all those big winds too an owr big climbing tree fell down. It must haf been awful to not know when yoo were getting fed again.Glad efurryone wuz safe.