Sunday, January 28, 2007

Match Maker Match Maker Make Me a Match

Well, after the first day the cigarettes packs were still hanging around unopened and the squirrels seemed to be ignoring them.

By Day Two I was starting to get worried my plan wasn't working as the packets hadn't even moved.

Day Three it snowed and you couldn't even see the cigarettes.

Day Four it thawed and the cigarettes were still there.

What to do? What to do?
Then it occurred to me (and I am embarrassed to have to tell you this) I forgot to leave matches. Clearly the squirrels can't smoke the cigarettes if they don't have matches. I wonder if I should leave an ashtray as well?

5 comments:

Kaze, Latte, or Chase said...

Maybe they want some variety? Perhaps its Cigars they want...maybe menthol? But certainly, a lighter or matches is a must!

Chase

Daisy said...

That musta been the problem, no matches! Maybe if you set up a little bar with drinks it will help too. I heard that sometimes people like to drink and smoke at the same time. I do not know what squirrels would drink though. Maybe sloe gin?

Maria & Stefano said...

I would also leave a mint for the breath...;)

M.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

You know smokers never seem to have matches. Now, I don't smoke, but I have friends who do...and they are contantly on the hunt for matches!

Derby said...

Yes, matches will help. But you need something that will keep them dry. They won't work well if they get wet.

Maybe if you kept a small open flame going? Must be careful, don't want the squirrels to burn your house down.