Thursday, March 01, 2007

Whoops!


I had a rather embarrassing accident this morning.

I chased cheeky squirrel up the big tree in the garden (it's the one in the middle of the picture below). I followed him all the way to the skinny top branches and then he jumped out of my reach onto another tree. That's when the problem started - I couldn't work out how to get down.


I started meowing very loudly to try and attract attention, which worked because the girl human came out to see if I was okay. Unfortunately she couldn't really do anything to help as I was too high up.

So, I started backing down the branch and got down about 10 feet and then I sort of fell the rest of the way. Not very elegant. The worse bit was that the girl human started laughing. I couldn't see anything to laugh at, so I put my tail up in the air and walked off across the garden like it was all perfectly normal and I hadn't made a complete fool of myself.

Honestly, the indignities I have to suffer ...

17 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh, Faz! I think that squirrel was just trying to trick you into going too high! I have never climbed a tree ever before, so I am impressed that you could even do that. If you fall, I think you are very right to pretend you meant to do that. Like a very advanced acrobatic trick!

Skittles said...

Oh, poor Faz! Don't you just hate when that happens??? Then you have to put that "I meant to do that" look on your face.

Dragonheart said...

Oh Faz, that squirrel was very sneaky! Sorry to hear you kind of fell out of the tree. Not nice for the girl human to laugh at you!

You look very beautiful in your photo!

Karen Jo said...

I love the picture of you with the pansies. I'm with Daisy. That mean squirrel tricked you up into the little, bendy branches that are so hard to get down from. I'm sorry you fell, but you rescued your dignity by walking off with your tail in the air.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Wow, that's even worse then when I locked myself out of my car at the library last week!

The Meezer Gang said...

We all know that cats love to practice flying! That's what you were doing! Not falling...Cat's don't fall.

Derby said...

Faz, you were being very adventurous. But I hope you have regain your dignity and bit the bitey on the girl for laughing at you.

Sebastien said...

Faz, you should have beat that human up. You're too tough to take that kind of crap!

Forty Paws said...

Oh Faz!!! We're sorry that squirrel was so tricky. They can be very sneaky. We usually have a good wash after something like that happens.

Luf, Us

George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

Well, we agree with Skittles. You must say, loudly enough for everyone to hear, "I meant to do that!"

Love,
Tipper

Maria & Stefano said...

Those humans!!!
I don't know what's wrong with them...once I was asleep and I fell off the couch and they started to laugh...I did not see anything funny in that!!!
I'm glad you're ok:)

Ben;)

said...

Aw Fax. It is a mistake that happens to the best of us. Aren't you glad you had your staff around to "assist" you? okay well, laughing is not nice. You can get her back... I am sure you will find a way (heehee)

I love this photo of you. You look quite happy. I hope you are :-)

Ariel said...

Well at least your okay.Squirrel's can be tricky.

tkkerouac said...

Love the cats, come see mine!

Lux said...

I'm with Derby - the bitey would have been an appropriate response to such inappropriate behavior by the girl human. It sounds like you made a beautiful exit, though.

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Be furry careful in the trees. Momma says ifn you get stuck up there, they will call the fire department...........now that is REALLY embarrassing.

Patches

Pablo said...

At least your girl human didn't call the fire brigade! That would have been too much of a kitty cliche!