Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Parental Guidance Warning


I should have guessed when I saw the basket in the hall; but it's been such a long time since I last saw the basket that I didn't think about the implications.

Yes, you've guessed it, they took me to the V. E. T. on Saturday.

They carried me outside and put me in the box on wheels (I think it's called a car). Then they drove me up the hill onto the common and I knew things were not going to be good. Then we stopped to wait for some big animals with humans on them to pass us. You have to see these animals - they are even bigger and scarier than the vishus deer, plus they make loud clopping and chomping noises. I will try and get a photo to show you what they look like.

Then it got worse. I got carried from the car into a building which smelled like hospitals. Firstly, there were loads of dogs (they were big and they smell funny and some seemed okay but not all of them looked cat-friendly).

Then, we went into the little room with a strange human in a white coat. She felt my tummy, looked inside my mouth and gave me an injection. That bit wasn't too bad except she did mention that my "tummy was getting a little large" (she should have seen it before the diet)! She also tried to push a tablet into my mouth but I fooled her. Six times she tried and six times I spat it out. The tablet was supposed to get rid of worms - but what's the point in that - I quite like worms.

Then - hooray - it was all over and we went back home. I got given some tuna as a special treat for all my hardships.

I must remember next time that the basket is not a good sign. FAZ

14 comments:

Dragonheart said...

I'm glad that your trip to the vet wasn't too traumatic, Faz. It was nice of your humans to give you some tuna as a treat for putting up with the vet.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

At least you didn't try to start any fights in the waiting room. ;-)

The Meezer Gang said...

That basket sure looks suspicious, Faz! It's kitty jail!!! Just look at those bars!

Kaze, Latte, or Chase said...

I like your basket! We just have plastic boxes and they aren't fun. Sorry about the trip but it sounds like it was pretty quick.

Latte

Daisy said...

That is a very interesting carrier you have. If you took the door off, it would make a great bed. I have never seen one like it before. Good job spitting out the pill! I think it was worth it since you got tuna when you were done.

Tiger Lily said...

Sounds as if you survived that trip OK Faz. It might have been a good idea to take that pill tho 'cuz you might like worms but they can make you very sick sometimes.

Mom and my Daddy leave my PTU out in the living room all the time so I can go in it whenever I want to. When it comes out from under the book shelf is when I know to go hide. Your basket is much nicer than mine!

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Oh - nice work on spittling that tablet out. Don't let anyone think that you'll just eat whatever.

I've posted something on my blog that your humans might be interested in...

Karen Jo said...

I like your PTU. It looks very comfortable. I'm glad your vet visit wasn't too traumatic and that you got treats afterward.

Artsy Catsy said...

Yikes, Faz, the v.e.t.! That's really yucky. There's a famous quote I try to live by:

"When you're hungry, eat. When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet, pee on your owner."

Of course, that might dampen their desire to give you tuna!

Rocky

said...

that basket looks like a prison. I do not like being in those things. Nothing ever ever ever good happens when that thing is out.

I am glad you made it back home in one piece... and you got some tuna.


I always spit pills... way across the room. Takes practice but soon you can get them really far off gets everyone scrammbling

~Caesar

George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

Oh, look at that great carrier. It's so much better than our crummy old one that Mom's had for 20 years. Mom...why don't we have a fancy carrier?

George

Maria & Stefano said...

You poor little thing you...at least your basket looks pretty fancy...

I saw some pics of you lately and you look fab...

Love prrr

Maria

Derby said...

Faz, what a fancy PTU (prisoner transport unit) you have! Glad you made it home OK.

Forty Paws said...

Oh my goodness Faz!!! What a horrid weekend for you!! So did they ever get the pill down you?

Purrs & Hedbutts for all your trubles!

Luf, Us