Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bebington


These pictures top and bottom are of my 'before' sister Bebington who was a blue point Himalayan.

My human met her the day she was born but at the time she belonged to someone else (a lovely lady who was the girl human's secretary). When Bebington was 6 months old the secretary girl got a very superior job in Nigeria working for a King from one of the three main Nigerian tribes. She couldn't take Bebington with her so she came to live in Wimbledon.

Bebington didn't have a big territory like me, but did occasionally wander outside the garden. One day the humans found her down an alley hiding under a pile of leaves because she couldn't find her way home and when she came out she was so covered in leaves and twigs she looked like a yeti.

She was infamous at the V.E.T.s and had a warning written on her notes because she had bitten or scratched nearly all the nurses and doctors at some point and it took two humans to hold her securely to give her an injection or tablet.

She loved curling up on laps or under the covers (anywhere warm) and by the time I came to live with her she was already 13 years old and had survived a major cancer operation which gave her another good year of life. Sadly the cancer came back shortly after I arrived so she didn't really fancy playing with me and used to turn her back whenever I walked into the room.

Bebington was named after a suburb in Liverpool which is full of posh, rich people and she was very pretty when she was young and looked like a cat version of Paris Hilton. Her other two names are Bebe and Bebs. She was much loved.

I hope you like my story of Bebs, my 'before' sister. Purr FAZ





14 comments:

Parker said...

Bebington looked like a very nice kitty! I am sorry she lost her battle with cancer. Now she's an angel at the Bridge.

Dragonheart said...

Bebington was a beautiful cat! I'm sorry to hear that she lost her battle with cancer. :( She was smart to like curling up on laps or under covers.

Carmen said...

Faz, I enjoyed your story of your "before" sister.

You're quite the handsome cat - I love calicos!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

faz you tell a furry good story! thanks honey...

smiles, auntie bee

Maria & Stefano said...

Good looks run in the family I see...so pretty!!!

M.

Daisy said...

Bebington was gorgeous! Thank you for sharing her story with us. I wish I could have seen her looking like a yeti! That sounds funny. I am sorry she got sick and had to go to the Bridge.

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

aw, she sounds like a sweetie. the pets who came before are always with our beans, and us. she looks like she'd be a good snuggler.

Cats ~ Goats ~ Quotes said...

I enjoyed reading about Bebington, she sure was a beauty! I think she was probably at The Bridge to meet my Georgia.

Ariel said...

Very touching story.Bebington was very beautiful :)

Kim and Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

I loved your story about Bebs! Cancer is not joke. When it decides to take someone, there really is nothing you can do to totally get rid of it. I'm sorry that she lost her fight. But she's waiting at the bridge, cancer free!

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Bebington was a lucky kitty to have known such a nice family as yours.

Pablo said...

Thanks for telling us about Bebington, Faz. I hope it didn't make you too sad.

caricature said...

hi faz,

nice blog. i'm starting a new blog about cats at:
http://ailurophiles.blogspot.com/
added ur link there. would appreciate if u reciprocate :)!
thanx

Forty Paws said...

We luf the story of the one who came before, dear sweet Bebington!! She was gorgeous! She sure doesn't look like the kind who would put the bitey or scratchy on though!

Luf, Us