Thursday, May 03, 2007

Chav Cat


Thought my international friends might like to see what a Chav Cat looks like (thanks to Tom for this picture).

What is a Chav?

According to Wikipedia, Chav is a mainly derogatory term in the UK for a person (or cat) who is fixated on fashions (such as gold jewellery and 'designer' clothing). They are generally considered to have no respect for society, and be ignorant or unintelligent. The term appeared in mainstream dictionaries in 2005. The defining feature of the stereotype is to wear clothing in the Burberry pattern like the cat pictured above.
P.S. I am sure you won't be surprised to hear that Hefty Tabby is also a Chav Cat.

9 comments:

Kim and Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I know a lot of humans like that!!!!!

Derby said...

Mum agrees about the Burberry. Last time she was in London, two of the tour group ALWAYS had to be wearing their scarfs. It wasn't that cold.

One-Eyed Jack said...

Burberry? Really? It's not so common here, but usually it's worn by fuddy duddy older people and young people who are being ironic.

But we're a bit...colonial.... ;)

Daisy said...

Oh, I never heard of Chav before. That is very interesting. Good thing I do not own any Burberry. Because I do not think I would want to be a Chav cat.

Forty Paws said...

Tee hee. We've seen some wedding photos on the internet featuring Burberry gowns and tuxes and they would definitely classify as chav. Yup.

Luf, Us

Monica said...

I was a little worried that you were going to say Skeezix is a chav. I hope you don't run into Hefty Tabby any time soon.

Suzanne said...

lots of teenagers are like that!

even so, this chav cat looks pretty good to me.

love
--suz

Pablo said...

Yeah, we know about the Chavs here. I think that Kate also calls those people 'geezers'. It figures that HT is a Chav Cat... does he wear much bling?

MaleeNote said...

Dear Web Master

I really like the picture of this cat and think it would be useful to include this picture in my article which I plan to submit to a publisher in Thailand. Therefore, I would like to ask for your permission.

If you agree, I will credit you for your picture by stating your website as a source of the picture.

Thank you for your time. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kindly,

Maleeya Jotisakulratana
maleenote@hotmail.com