Monday, July 30, 2007

What do you guys think of this article?

London Metro Today: Every cat owner has wondered what their beloved pet gets up to during hours away from home. But one owner has satisfied his curiosity by developing a special portable 'catcam', which takes photographs every 90 seconds as the feline goes on his travels.

The pictures show Mr Lee crawling under cars, into secret dens, meeting other moggies, eyeing up treehouses – and even coming face to face with a huge blue snake in a garden. Mr Lee's owner, Juergen Perthold, said: 'I always wonder where he has been during his day. 'Sometimes he returns hungry, sometimes with traces of fights and sometimes he just stays out all day. That's when I got the idea for the camera.'

The 34-year-old used his engineering knowledge to build the digital catcam which fits around Mr Lee's neck. He said: 'My wife Jenny and the children thought it was a great idea and the pictures are amazing. 'Every day we wonder what will be on the camera and we love finding out.' The tiny camera is encased in a protective box so it is not damaged as Mr Lee goes about his daily business. Mr Perthold, from South Carolina in the US, added: 'I would change the camera every time Mr Lee returned home. 'We couldn't see all of the photos but the ones we did see were truly amazing.'

And for anyone keen to find out what their own cat gets up to on its prowls, Mr Perthold is selling catcams on his website for approximately £23.Original London Metro Article.
I don't think I want one of these cameras - some things are personal!
On the other paw, I could get a photo of that bully Hefty Tabby to show you what he looks like.
FAZ

15 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

hmmm, wonder if i could put one of those on sarge! ha ha ha


smiles, bee

Daisy said...

I have to admit, I liked seeing all the places Mr. Lee went and what he did. Sort of like Big Brother for cats.

Gemini said...

Oh sometimes people just don't think about our privacy at all!

Monty Q. Kat said...

I saw that! It looks kinda cool, even with the snake!?! picture. But Mombean says who would want to see 15 hours of me sleeping all day.

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Boy I've missed out on something... Hefty Tabby? Is he/she bothering you, Faz~?

I've not been around very much lately because the woman here is tired all the time and now she is overwhelmed with life. Good gracious.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

What will they think of next?

Beau Beau & Angie said...

I fink I want one so Mom can see what a spaz Beau Beau is all day.
~Angie

Grr, Midnight & Cocoa said...

We don't go anywhere, so guess nobody's gonna be puttin' one of those on us, but it sure was innerestin' ta see the picshures.

Skittles said...

I would have wanted one of those for my kids!

Henry Helton said...

My Lady thinks that is a very neat thing. I have a feeling she and Senor may buy one of these cameras.

Lux said...

Actually, I think that idea is a good one - we can run around taking pictures of our beans in embarrassing situations like they do to us all the time!

lordjaders said...

How cool is that! I want a camerrra! Then I could get rrrevenge shots of Kona and Miss Bebe. OOoooh, even the dove who flit about my trrree, I could get shots of them!

michico 小芥 said...

Well, I would like to see~!

Caesar and Princess said...

How mortifying that we should be spied on during the day... would I do something like that to my humans? absolutely not.

Thank you for alerting of this "new bean idea"

Happy Day and headbutts, Caesar

Phoebe said...

I think it is a bit of an invasion of privacy. i don't think I would want one on my collar. Although it would be interesting to be in charge of my own pictures.